Thursday 1 September 2011

The power of seaweed


This meal is seaweed based- I love seaweed in salads, but today I had it with salmon.
I used about 20grams of wakame seaweed.

Wakame seaweed is a good source of Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, C, E, K, folate and fibre, AND has among the very highest nutrient-to-calorie ratios of anti-inflammatory Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acid (EPA). It is a SUPERFOOD, and it promotes weight loss. It has a salty taste BUT this is not just salt but a balanced combination of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, iron and trace minerals. Seaweed also alkalises the body...something which I really need as I have alot of acidity in my body! (as I drink coffee every morning). In addition there have been some studies that suggest wakame seaweed helps prevent cancer, especially breast cancer.

Seaweed is also said to lengthen lifespan- they eat a lot of it in Japan and they have the longest life spans in the world!

20grams wakame seaweed
dash of sesame oil
dash of rice wine vinegar
Small peice of salmon

Leave the seaweed in hot water for about 6 minutes (it will get a lot bigger)
Drain water and mix in a dash of rice wine vinegar and sesame oil
Pan fry (with no oil) the salmon or cook in the oven with a dash of soy sauce

Took less than 10 mins to cook all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment