Sunday 14 August 2011

First Blog

Hi,

So first of all this is my first blog....I'm very new to this! I've been inspired to start blogging by so many inspirational blog sites out there (e.g. http://www.blogilates.com and http://eyeitryit.com/) and although this will never be as good as theirs, I wanted to add my opinions :)

My boyfriend and I are trying to get fit....and 'tone up'. We have to do it on a budget, and we have been trying to do this for months but I've only lost 2kg and still have around 4kg to go! SO I'm hoping this blog will help me to get serious about this!

I used to run half marathons and be 57kg/125lbs and I am 173cm (just over 5ft 8)....but at the end of my PhD I stopped exercising and up until 2 months ago was 65kg. I lost 2kg in the last few weeks as we have been going to the gym for about 2 1/2 hours a day! So now I'm between 62/63 kg...and I am really struggling to get rid of these last few kilograms! SO how do I lose around 6 or 7 lbs (4 ish kg)???

We are getting married in 2012, so I really would like to get to 58 kg.

My boyfriend on the other hand, wants to gain muscle...and lose some weight..he takes loads of protein shakes, cla, and lots of other pre and post workout supplements ....he is Thai and so eats very healthily....usually not eating breakfast (but has protein shake) and has a late lunch after the gym of chicken and salad or vegetables...and a dinner of chicken or fish. SO we do eat quite healthily- but I have 1 small addiction- sugar- mainly in the form of chocolate biscuits.....my boyfriend says he has never seen anyone eat so much sugar...so this is my main downfall....I sometimes skip a meal just so that I can eat some chocolate!

Anyway.....my aims for my blog are:
To help me stop eating chocolate
To exercise 'smarter' and harder
To share my experences
To help me 'tone it up'!

I don't have the money to buy K&K's 'tone it up' guide (see http://www.toneitup.com)but I do get their newsletters and watch their youtube channel.... I think its brilliant! so I'm going to try and follow some of their tips and see how I get on! And if it works out well then I will buy their meal plan :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! congrats on your blog! excited that you'll be living clean and healthfully! <3 Cassey

    ReplyDelete